- Join us
Research Associates in Quantum Many-Body Theory (Physics/DAMTP)
Applications are invited for two Postdoctoral Research Assistant/Associate positions, funded by an ERC Starting grant, to work with Dr B. Béri at the Department of Physics and/or the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics. The posts are for theoretical investigations of quantum many-particle systems, including certain strongly correlated forms of topological phases, in part motivated by developments in solid-state quantum devices, ultracold atoms, and quantum information theory.
Closing date: 15th January 2019.
Start date: 1st September 2019, or a mutually agreed date shortly before/after. Please note that the funds for these posts are available until 31th August 2021.
For further details about the post and to apply please follow the link
If you are looking for independent post-doctoral opportunities, listed here are some links to prestigious fellowships in Cambridge and in the UK in general. These fellowships are competitive and often require the explicit support of a host institution. If you feel qualified to apply and would like to discuss the possibility, please contact your prospective host advisor. For those awards intended for experienced postdocs to lead their own research groups, please contact the TCM staff member to whom your research is most closely linked.
Please be sure to contact a member of the TCM group well in advance of the deadlines stated on these external pages. Advance notice is needed for the group to determine whom it can offer to host, and also to ensure any application meets the (earlier) internal University deadlines. These fellowships are competitive and the group will only support the strongest applicants. While the group tries to be flexible, we may not be able to give full consideration to expressions of interests received less than two months prior to the closing date of the call.
- Cambridge College Junior Research Fellowships (JRF). Different Colleges advertise them at different times, generally between August and February. Adverts can be found on the University Jobs website, under "College jobs", or you can use a web search engine. Please note that the salaries advertised are typically in addition to free accommodation and meals.
- Newton International Fellowships (2 years), for non-UK candidates to conduct research in the UK (i.e., UK citizens and people already working / studying / conducting research in the UK are not eligible -- see detailed conditions on the website).
- Research Fellowships in Science and Engineering from the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851 (3 years).
- Herchel Smith Post-doctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Cambridge (3 years).
- Leverhume Trust Early Career Fellowship (3 years).
- ERC Marie Curie Actions, providing a range of funding options for different career stages, duration, and context.
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowships (3 years).