- Join us
I am a post-doctoral researcher in the group of Ben Simons. I use methods from soft matter, hydrodynamics, mechanics and statistical mechanics to study developmental processes.
My main research interests currently are:
- Epithelial mechanics and morphological transitions in three dimensions
- Stem cell kinetics during development and cancer initiation
- Collective cell migration in vitro and in vivo
- Cortical instabilities in pattern formation
I also collaborate with Alstom to understand and improve from a soft matter approach the functionning of their cooling devices such as the Capillary Pumped Loop.
In Plain English
I am trained as a theoretical physicist, and use mathematical models to study and (try to) predict quantitatively the development of embryos as well as cancer initiation. I also like to do a bit of experimental work from time to time!
- Balance between Apical Membrane Growth and Luminal Matrix Resistance Determines Epithelial Tubule Shape Cell Reports 7 941-950 2014
- Theory of epithelial sheet morphology in three dimensions PNAS 111 27-32 2014
- Instabilities of Monolayered Epithelia: Shape and Structure of Villi and Crypt Physical Review Letter 107 078104 2011 arXiv
- Glass-like dynamics of collective cell migration PNAS 108 4714-4719 2011